The Build Engineer position will report to either a lead or director in the programming team. Build Engineers are responsible for ensuring the day-to-day stability of the game by working closely with the QA department to ensure timely bug-fixes from the rest of the development team and to give first line support for build & build infrastructure related issues for the development team. They are also expected to be responsible for maintaining and improving the build process itself. A Build Engineer should have some understanding of best-practice and standard techniques in build system management will seek to learn more about innovations within the industry.
- Liaise with QA and development teams to integrate critical bug-fixes and features into builds.
- Maintain and improve build machines and our WAF and Jenkins build processes.
- Handle simple merge and conflict issues.
- Develop scripts to automate common processes.
- Give first line support for build & build infrastructure related issues for the development team.
- Experience with asset management system such as Perforce.
- Experience with build systems such as Jenkins.
- Intermediate level knowledge of C++ and Python.
- Intermediate level AWS management skills an advantage.
- Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
- Able to plan their work with some assistance.
- Strong communication skills, and comfortable working across teams.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high growth, start-up company environment.
- Ability to work full-time based in Budapest, Hungary.
- Bachelor’s degree with a Computer Science/Software Engineering focus or similar experience.